The Chocolate Trail - A Davao City Chocolate Tour Last Updated: 10/08/2019
Let us follow the cocoa beans on a delectable journey in this deeply engaging tour with chocolate making . Activate your senses and see the dramatic change of cocoa beans into Chocolate bars. Three chocolaterie in a day! This tour starts from 9am to 5pm from Mondays to Saturdays only. No tour on legal holidays.
"Dark Chocolate contains a chemical that our bodies convert into phenylethylamine, the same chemical secreted when we fall in love. "- Health psychology
With the booming chocolate industry and the rising demand of cacao beans in the market, Etours gives you a tree to bar experience while sampling the best chocolate products this city has to offer. Visit four chocolaterie’s - each offering different chocolate products and learn the art of making chocolates from one of the well-known chocolate maker in the country.
- The tour will let you explore a cacao farm and learn how cacao beans are harvested, fermented and dried with product tastings in between.
- Experience how to open a cacao pod, roast and grind cacao beans.
- A walking tour after the farm visit will lead you to the country’s first Chocolate Museum and learn the science of chocolate making.
- A free mould-your-own chocolate will follow after your museum tour.
- You also get to try the sikwate or hot chocolate in one of the favourite local snack stops in the city.
- Wrap up your day with a visit to the place for everything chocolate.
- Take home a special chocolate cake that is proudly Davao.
- 8 hours guided tour (4 stops)
- A passionate and experienced local guide
- Sumptuous set lunch
- Hot chocolate
- Cacao roasting and moulding
- Chocolate tasting
- Chocolate crack cake
- Private tour
- Guests will shoulder extra meals not specified in the inclusions
- In excess of the alloted time, there will be an excess usage charge of
- P350/hour for car/van
- P1000 for coaster
- P1500 for bus usage
- This tour is exclusive - meaning we can join/mix you with other groups
- Rates are subject to change without further notice
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking
- Subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
No food tour on these dates:
- Holy Week
- Nov. 1 to 2 (All saints and all souls day)
- Dec. 24 to 26 (Christmas day)
- Dec. 31 to Jan. 3 (New Year)
Terms and conditions
- We require 50% of the total amount as confirmation of your booking
- Balance shall be paid 3 days before the tourdates or on the day of the tour.
- Standard check-in time of hotels is at 2:00pm
- Standard check-out time of hotels is at 12:00 noon
- Early check-in is subject to room availability
- Charges apply for late check-out
- All rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Room and destination blockings and reservations will be automatically be released if no deposit has been made on the option dates stated above
- Blockings and reservations are considered confirmed only upon receipt of the deposit
- In case of cancellation, a written notice to ETOURS must be written at least 6 days prior to arrival date. There is no guarantee that a full refund may be given.
- All paid fees are non-refundable if cancellation occurs 2 days before your tour date.
- ETOURS shall arrange land transportation and Hotel accommodation for the entire duration of the tour, schedule pre-arranged landmark visits as well as pay for all necessary entrance fees specified in the Tour Inclusions
- Client understands that ETOURS shall be responsible only for making arrangements as a tour operator
- Client will not hold ETOURS responsible and liable for any accident, loss, injury, damage to property in connection with any accommodation, acts of GOD, flood, strikes, civil disturbances, theft, delay or cancellation or change in the itinerary on the day of the tour
- Baggage is at owners risk throughout the trip
This Agreement will be for the duration of the tour. In the interest of trust and friendship, both parties shall exert best efforts to avoid breach and settle all disputes amicably before resorting to their grievances before the courts of law.