Davao Organic Food Tour and Urban Farming Last Updated: 10/08/2019
Embark on a whole day ecofriendly culinary and farm tour in the downtown district of Davao City highlighting on farm-to-table food, explore edible gardens and simply experience nature?s bliss. Learn methods about urban gardening and cultivating urban green space and get to taste samples of locally produced organic food served at various stops during the tour. This tour starts at 9:30am to 7:30pm from Mondays to Fridays only. No tour on legal holidays.
"To eat is necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Davao City is known as the fruit basket of the Philippines with its rich soil, favourable climate and good source of water. Many farmers and advocates are now into urban organic farming with the aim for good health, livelihood and sustainability.
In this tour expect to be exposed to urban and organic farming, taste organically and traditionally prepared delights while learning Davao's rich history.
- You will start the tour by visiting an urban home garden in the middle of the busy metropolis with variety of vegetables and crops planted on pots and recycled bottles and learn tips about backyard gardening. Prepare your tastebuds for an organically prepared lunch from its fresh produce .
- Next, get to taste a healthy chocolate dessert - a must try at a local lifestyle cafe.
- You will also visit a one stop store and cafe known for their homegrown and organic products and get a bite of their famous artisan gourmet pizza.
- A walking tour in the heart of the city and a stop to its iconic spots will give you some insights about the City's culture and history.
- You will also visit a rooftop vegetable garden and learn some tips and advise about container gardening.
- Last stop, is a sumptuous dinner at this quaint cozy restaurant which serves traditionally prepared organic delicious meals and learn the art of eating using your bare hands.
- 8 hours guided food tasting and farm tour of Downtown Davao (5 stops)
- A passionate and experienced local guide
- Urban gardens
- Organic meals
- Cake and pizza
- Healthy lunch and dinner
- Small-group tour
- Private tour
- Guests will shoulder extra meals not specified in the inclusions
- In Excess of vehicle usage, an hourly rate of P350/hour will be charged.
- This tour is exclusive - meaning we can not join/mix you with other groups
- Rates are subject to change without further notice
No food tour on these dates:
- Holy Week
- Nov. 1 to 2 (All saints and all souls day)
- Dec. 24 to 26 (Christmas day)
- Dec. 31 to Jan. 3 (New Year)
Terms and conditions
- We require 50% of the total amount as confirmation of your booking
- Balance shall be paid 3 days before the tourdates or on the day of the tour.
- Standard check-in time of hotels is at 2:00pm
- Standard check-out time of hotels is at 12:00 noon
- Early check-in is subject to room availability
- Charges apply for late check-out
- All rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Room and destination blockings and reservations will be automatically be released if no deposit has been made on the option dates stated above
- Blockings and reservations are considered confirmed only upon receipt of the deposit
- In case of cancellation, a written notice to ETOURS must be written at least 6 days prior to arrival date. There is no guarantee that a full refund may be given.
- All paid fees are non-refundable if cancellation occurs 2 days before your tour date.
- ETOURS shall arrange land transportation and Hotel accommodation for the entire duration of the tour, schedule pre-arranged landmark visits as well as pay for all necessary entrance fees specified in the Tour Inclusions
- Client understands that ETOURS shall be responsible only for making arrangements as a tour operator
- Client will not hold ETOURS responsible and liable for any accident, loss, injury, damage to property in connection with any accommodation, acts of GOD, flood, strikes, civil disturbances, theft, delay or cancellation or change in the itinerary on the day of the tour
- Baggage is at owners risk throughout the trip
This Agreement will be for the duration of the tour. In the interest of trust and friendship, both parties shall exert best efforts to avoid breach and settle all disputes amicably before resorting to their grievances before the courts of law.